The regulations and guidance below pertain to the Monitor Advocate System and provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) that are relevant to Monitor Advocate functions and purpose.
Here are TEGLs and TENs relevant to the Monitor Advocate System, as well as additional regulatory and judicial guidance.
- The Judge Richey Court Order provides background on why the Monitor Advocate System was established.
- 20 CFR Part 651: General Providions Governing the Wagner-Peyser Act Employment Service (including definitions)
- 20 CFR Part 653 Subpart B: Services for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers (MSFWs)
- 20 CFR Part 654: Special Responsibilities of the Employment Service System (including Subpart E - Housing for Farmworkers)
- 20 CFR Part 658 Subpart E: Employment Service and Employment-Related Law Complaint System
TEGLs and TENs:
- TEGL 09-12: Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000
- TEGL 14-18: Aligning Performance Accountability Reporting, Definitions, and Policies Across Workforce Employment and Training Programs Administered by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- TEN 20-17: Communication Plan for Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker (MSFW) States, Significant MSFW One-Stop Centers, and Significant Multilingual MSFW One-Stop Centers.
- TEGL 20-16: Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker States, Significant MSFW One-stop Centers, and Significant Multilingual MSFW One-stop Centers. This TEGL provides guidance on the responsibilities of SWAs in serving MSFWs and the responsibilities of the designated significant MSFW states, one-stop centers, and multilingual one-stop centers. Also contains guidance on performance measures.
- Preamble: The regulations were updated in 2016 as a result of the passing of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). To understand why the regulations are written as they are, or want greater clarification, read the Preamble text for 20 CFR Part 651 (p.56254), 653 (p.56270), 654 (p.56280), and 658 (p.56281).